Saturday, December 10, 2016

Christmas Songs

Memories are a big thing and Christmas songs really help those memories. I know for myself that one of my fondest memories is when my mom used to make us each sing a Christmas carol before we got to open presents. She always started with "What Child is this". I miss my mothers singing. She passed away 6 years ago and every Christmas is still hard without her. It always turned into a weird little battle though. My mom would sing beautifully, I would then sing something quick and then my sister would sing a song that changed the words to be a bad song ha! My dad would laugh, my mom would get upset and then we would open presents. Every year we did it. Every year the same thing happened. Looking back at that even with all the groaning from us girls....it was a great Holiday Tradition. If you are looking for a great tradition I suggest you sing one of the Top 10 Classic Songs with your family. Doesn't matter if you are a great singer or a horrible one. Just have fun with it!





Top Ten Classic Songs:
1. Do you hear what I hear? Bing Crosby
2. Have yourself a Merry little Christmas. Frank Sinatra
3. A Holy Jolly Christmas. Burl Ives
4. Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. Andy Williams
5. Jingle Bells. Roy Rogers
6. O Holy Night. Nat King Cole
7. Rockin Around the Christmas Tree. Brenda Lee
8. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Bing Crosby
9. Santa Baby. Eartha Kitt
10. White Christmas. The Drifters

Check one or ten out! Its going to help bring some Christmas Cheer and even some great Memories.

I hope that you have great Memories this year no matter how you celebrate. As my mother used to say you can always Live, Laugh and Love~!

Please Subscribe either by Email, Google+ or Bloglovin and have a Blessed Day

No comments:

Post a Comment