Tuesday, February 2, 2016

It took 39 years....

It took me 34 years to get the first one and 39 years to get my second one. I had never wanted a Tattoo. I always thought to myself when I was 90 would I want that on my body. The thing that turned me around on them is my Mother. If you knew my mother you would think to yourself right now "yah right!". She was VERY not into tattoos. But when she was diagnosed with Cancer somehow that changed. I think the thought that you may one day not be here changes your views on how petty something can be.


My first Tattoo was for my mother. She had decided she was going to get one. She had only a few months to live and wanted a ring on her finger tattooed for my father. It ended up because of Chemo and the other meds she was taking though she wasn't able to. So I talked to my mom for the first time in my life about getting a tattoo. For mothers day that year before she passed away I got this tattoo.


The meaning of it thought was all about her. She cried when she saw it in a good day. It was the Ovarian Cancer Symbol for her and a yellow rose in it. The yellow rose is something that goes back far in our family that has a lot of meaning. I did this for my mom. I thought about it for a long time and knew that when I was 90 I would still want it there. Reminding me. I was 34. It was the same year my mother passed away. I have never regretting what I did. I am glad I did it before she passed instead of after.


Tattoos for me are about meaning. Its about things that you want in your life that will never fade. I am not someone who would put someones name on my body, a fad of some sort on myself either.


5 years later just last week I got my second and last tattoo. After two brain surgeries and another surgery to come this month I have my motto stuck in my head at all times. Live, Laugh, Love. This is a motto that I have every where in my house to remind me what's important. My oldest son Jackson for Mothers Day one year even made me by hand in our garage this lovely piece. I have it through out my house to always remind me. I had thought about getting another tattoo. My husband and I thought about getting a couples one also but those are too trendy for me.


I tell my teens that I don't want them to get tattoo that don't have true meaning that wont fade. I mean why get sponge bob square pants on you because you like him now. When you are 90 I doubt you will still like that. Don't ever get a bf or gf name. I say don't get a name unless its say like your childrens names but even then I just stay clear of names. I had a boyfriend who got my name tattooed on his shoulder when we were 19. I remember saying to him I thought that was crazy and he better tell his future wife its his grandmothers name or something. I am not against tattoos. I mean I have two. I don't think it defines a person or makes them a bad person. Its a work of art. Its also permanent too however. Put it in a place you can hide it if need be like long sleeves or pants. I am not into hands or faces or neck tattoos. That's just me though. Its your own body. Not my decision. I do however want my kids to really think about it if they ever chose to go that route. My husband and I also want them to be out of high school. Thought and lots of time of thinking of it should go into it. Not just walk in and pick something out type of tattoo.


Anyways I feel like I just went on a rant haha. Back to the tattoo I got. My mom and I used to say that to each other the last few years she was alive. It was pretty popular then and has lost a lot of its luster. You don't see it everywhere like you use to. It has stuck with me though. Its something I really think you should do in your life. Something that I hope at 90 I am still thinking should be done with life. A reminder to myself. Its also the time in my life I am at. Its personal to me and how I feel about life. How I want to LIVE and be rid of Cushings. How I LAUGH all the time with my husband and my children. How I LOVE so truly and deeply my family. The place I chose to put it may not be the best place in the world for most but to me it was perfect. So yes...I got my second tattoo. My last one because after my last surgery I will be done with being able to really do that anymore.


I am thankful that my husband was there both time. That in itself gives me a good memory of it when I am 90 and look back on my life. Just living, Just laughing and just loving away!


To subscribe to this blog please put your email up above. You will get an email every time I blog something. You can also do it by Google+ and Bloglovin. I hope you have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment