Sunday, September 25, 2016

College already? She is just a Senior!

I am seriously freaking out. Wouldn't you? Ok, as most of you know I have four teenagers. Jackson graduated last year but we didn't do applications for school or scholarships as he is going in the US Army. I love the fact he is going to serve our country and get a great job Welding. I mean heck they give you every certificate so when he decides to leave the Military he will have a great paying job. I am so proud of him!!

Next is Cassie. She wants to go to a UC school. She also wants to be a Nurse. Its amazing how much UC Davis or UC Irvine or UCLA is! I mean MAN!!!! Its crazy!!!!

Cassie thankfully has the grades to get into those schools. She has a 4.14 GPA. Today we literally spent hours upon hours doing the application to the UC schools. It amazes me that she is a Senior ....Its ONLY almost OCTOBER and we are having to turn in all applications by Nov. 1st! How are parents suppose to know this stuff? I am so glad today we decided to sit down and start looking for scholarships for whatever nursing program she decides to go into. She would like to get a Bachelor in Sciences for Nursing.

I actually pulled my other two boys into the kitchen today to talk to them about what Colleges are asking for. Its not JUST GPA but also extracurricular activities, Awards, Jobs, Volunteering for your community, and much much more. Seriously you have to be an all around child to get into College these days. It was cute to see the boys talking about what they have already been doing and what they were going to add just to be able to get into college in a couple years.

This year Cassie graduates, next year is Joshua and the year after that is Jason. I swear by the time Jason graduates I will be totally a pro at this! You need a scholarship! Bam here is one! You want to get into what college? Oh I know the deadline! Bam! :) I cant help but to laugh at myself.

I feel like everyone can get into some sort of College or University. There are so many programs to help pay. Even Scholarships! Did you know we filled out a scholarship because Cassie's Great Great Grandfather was in WW1 for more than 4 months. YES THEY EVEN HAVE A SCHOLARSHIP FOR THAT! Crazy huh!

I am thankful I have good kids. We are lucky this year with Cassie since she does always have straight A's. She also has played sports (Volleyball, Basketball and Softball). She has been on ASB and also Class President and Leadership. She has worked during the summers and all our kids have always volunteered in our community. Makes me feel good like we are doing a semi good job. All our kids have always gotten good to great grades, sports, working and volunteering. Oh and lets not forget they do have plenty of time to be crazy teenagers too (and even sleep in). Totally off the subject but I probably am the only mom in Big Valley that has a 930 bedtime for my kids. Ten o'clock if your a Senior. I think with all the stuff the kids do they need to have good sleep!

Anyways, I am excited and yet a little nervous about the up and coming months to get this all done. I hope that Cassie and I are organized enough to get everything done in a timely fashion. You should see how many things are on my calendar now just for deadlines. Man! Deadlines! Yikes!

Its kind of fun though because you are spending time with your child. Each year I will have that time with each of my boys too. By the time Jason Graduates I am going to be a pro~!

Pray for us so we get into the right schools for what she wants to accomplish in life. If you know of any Scholarships opportunities please make sure to write to me in the comments! We could always use the help!

Tuesday will be the ending of the Gift Certificate to Starbucks Entries. So make sure to comment to get more tries for yourself. Sorry I didn't blog for two days but I had migraines! Hate those!

Subscribe to this blog by email, Google+ or Bloglovin    Have a Blessed Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment