Thursday, November 26, 2015

Freezing Feeding Frenzy! (PICS)

Jack and Leroy
California you think as great weather. Not this California ha! Ok so its Northern Cali that can be full of weird weather from sun to rain to snow to sun to rain to snow again. Today it happened to snow almost 8 inches. My animals were not ready for that but thankfully we were.


Its FREEZING outside. So doing our daily chores of feeding felt a little more like a FRENZY this time. All my babies were happy to see it. We checked their water to make sure not frozen. Pulled out the heating elements for their water so it doesn't freeze. They all have shelter to go to and lots of feed.
Our rescue bottle fed RJ

Minnie our Cow we bottle fed since birth
Jack in front and Leroy in back

It does amaze me though that they don't go into their shelter more. I mean if I was a horse or a cow I would be under that thing in a minute. But NOOOOOOO they think its more fun to be in the snow under a tree or something. What do they think they are? Animals? These are my babies....get under the cover ppl! :)
Suzy Q our bottle fed goat

Suzy Q

It was a long day. We moved some of the animals to different pens to be closer to one another. I happen to like being on the quad with my husband moving our calves closer to the horses. Just makes it easier to feed when its FREEZING outside. Its kind of romantic too I think. You know....freezing but making something better by putting heating lamps for the chickens or our goat Suzy Q. Making sure the horses and cows are doing okay and have everything they need. I love my animals. I would be upset if anything happened to them.

Fatty our Rescue Horse

Our Dogs thought the snow was the coolest thing ever. They have their own 15 by 20 room that is heated with a million dog beds that is attached to our house. Used to be our game room but with the weather like this it has become the dogs room. They love the snow. I keep telling them to go back into their room but they go out the doggy door and just have a grand ol time! As you can see.
Ninja...Jacksons Dog

Sebastian going crazy in the snow. Had to Warm up Cassies Dog

Maggie is Jasons Dog. She is a Rescue Whippet

Sassy is the youngest of the bunch. MILs Dog

Our oldest and very loved Princess Sierra

Can you see my dog Molly trying to be incognito

All in all it was a beautiful day! A busy day with snow as my husband had to plow at the ranches but a good day! We always wanted a white Christmas.....who knew it would be a White Thanksgiving.
Nope I don't wear make up in the snow

Ryan giving extra apple snacks

One of the barns

Subscribe to this blog by email, Google+ or Bloglovin. Have a very Blessed Day

No comments:

Post a Comment