Monday, November 30, 2015

The Nutcracker and my GREAT Christmas Idea!!

When I look back on my childhood the one thing I remember about the Holiday season is going to the Nutcracker. I still think I could be graceful and a ballerina. Trouble is I am too accident prone and lets be real...I would be feeling pretty bad for the guy who had to lift me! Ha!

About 5 months ago Mil and I went to Dancing with the Stars. After the show my eyes got so big when I saw a poster saying the Moscow Ballet was coming to the City. Uhm!! The MOSCOW BALLET!!!! I didn't even care what they were going to do at first but then when my heart started to slow down I saw it was the Nutcracker. Someone...STAT...I need some heart medicine or something!

I knew at that moment that I was going. Ryan however didn't know, or MIL for that fact. I researched prices and seats. I knew the kids wouldn't be with us for Thanksgiving so it would be just Ryan and I or Mil, Ryan and I. I talked to Ryan and as usual he said ok if it was something I really wanted. Its kind of spendy at 65 dollars a ticket. Its worth it though. The ballet so beautiful. So Graceful. So Amazing.

I am sure not everyone feels the same way as me on the ballet. You have to kind of snow the story. The sets were really cool and the dancing amazing. I just kept thinking of when I was a child and I would watch The Nutcracker when we lived in Germany. When we left I knew I wanted to be a ballerina. I remember my mother touching my back to scoot me out the door because I was trying to dance down the aisle. I miss my mom. Going to the Nutcracker made me think of her and put a smile on my face. I am thankful I had parents who really took us to places, had us try new things, and tried to give us culture. That is not that easy to do now a days but I try to do the same with my children. Its important......open your eyes to new things. Go and SEE things. Have great memories or even so-so memories haha! I mean everything you go to you might not LOVE! You will still have the memory of it. I am sure Ryan didn't LOVE the Ballet. He enjoyed going and see something new though. Take a chance! Get out there.....go DO something:)

This Christmas I have set up the 5 days before Christmas. I want each day before Christmas to be something WE are doing as a FAMILY. We have already bought tickets to enjoy an event with the family. I cant tell you what yet as the kids might see this. We have three events planned and then one day we are going to go bowling as a family. The kids really wanted to do that and its been a long time. I cant wait till Christmas break.

Do they have presents under the tree? Yep...! Will they probably get everything off their list from us and all their family members? Probably! Will they remember that though in 20 years...doubtful. We will however remember going places as a family, seeing things and being all together to open those presents. This year I plan on making a big Christmas dinner of Turkey and Ham. Its going to be a family event as each child is going to help with the meal and a dish. Those are good memories.

As usual I start talking about one thing and go to another. Like I said in my disclaimer of my blog however. This is Everyday Rae Rae....you get what you get:)

The Nutcracker was amazing. I am so thankful that my husband and MIL went with me. Its a memory that I have tucked away now along with the memory of my mom pushing me along as I am dancing down the aisle. I will remember looking over at the end of the Ballet to my husband and MIL and they had a subtle smile on their face. All dressed up and trying something new. Love them! Love they always go along with my antics. I am truly blessed.
Just as I am so blessed and thankful for my mother and father who ALWAYS made us try new things. Traveled with us and opened our eyes to more than just our little town. Thank you! You raised us well! Love you!

Subscribe to this blog by putting in your email up above. You will get an email every time I write a blog. You can also subscribe by Google+ or Bloglovin. Thank you for all of you who have subscribed. I cant see who is subscribing but I thank you all! Share with your friends. Check out our lives from kids to animals to ranch life to travels to Cushings. You name it....it ends up here. Live and Raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment