Sunday, November 1, 2015

Homecoming and Sad/Happy Tears


When you have four teenagers your life is dull. Ok, seriously did anyone believe me when I just said that? Because if you did you need to stop right now because you are living in some weird bubble somewhere and have never been around one teenagers let alone four ha!

This was homecoming night for the school and also senior night for the well…Seniors.



Events started at 4pm and ran till 10pm. We started out with Cassie having her Varsity Volleyball game. They looked so awesome in their outfits for Breast Cancer Awareness month. I loved calling Cassie name from the stands. She had Grandma (MIL), Nana Robin, Papa Pat and all of us cheering for her and the team. She kept giving us the “omg mom don’t embarrass me” look. Ha! Then they had JV Volleyball. After that everyone moved to the Football Field to the Homecoming game. Before the game they had senior night where they announce each senior playing Football and what they like and love and will miss. The seniors then go and give their parents a rose to say Thank you. We however thought this happened at half time. Ryan and I ran all the way back to the house because we brought the good camera but forgot to grab the battery. We wanted great pictures of all of this.



We actually got there JUST as the football game started. Got to the seats and sat down. We had a whole crew of us. Ryan’s Dad and other Mom were visiting from Texas just to come see this game (mind you we live In California), Mil was there as usual and then Ryan and I and the kids. After sitting down a good friend of mine came over and said we had missed the Senior part of the night. I was devastated. I thought that it was at half time like it usually is. They had changed it however because they were doing Homecoming at half time now. I didn’t realize that. Lets be honest…I broke into tears. I missed my one son doing Color Guard and my other son trying to show his gratitude. The part that hurt me as a parent the most is that I knew he was looking for us and we weren’t there. Josh wasn’t upset we missed Color Guard because he was doing the exact same thing a week later and we would see it and get great pictures. To him it wasn’t that big of a deal. He did amazing though and carried the American Flag. Friends gave me some pictures. I hugged him and told him how proud I was of him.


At this point you just have to say to yourself that there is nothing that could be done. So you just have to put a smile on your face and enjoy the game that your two boys are playing. Jackson who is a Senior this year and Jason who is a freshman. To have their grandparents there cheering them on along with their parents was pretty darn cool! They made some great plays and we heard Jacksons name over the loud speaker many times for great blocks to help the team get a touchdown. It was a great game! I wish Jason would have been able to play but being Senior night they let them play a lot more than usual even. I loved the small moments when Jason and Jackson were standing next to each other getting ready to go in.



Sidenote. Jason is #16 but didn’t want his own jersey as when Jackson graduates he is going to take his jersey. That’s why it doesn’t say Collins on the back of both of them. Jackson is #15 because that is his little brothers bday. Its just so cool.

So halftime events came up and all the sudden over the speaker I hear “ There is one Senior who wasn’t able to give his mom a rose as she just is a month out of brain surgery and got here in time for the game. Jackson collins…..go find your mother”. Jack ran from the field and came up to me to give me a rose. I look over and Sally (MIL) is bawling too! He hugged me, then Mil, then went down the line hugging his Nana Robin and Papa Pat and then his dad. He had tears in his eyes too! It was so special that we actually ended up not missing it. I was devastated when I thought I had. I am sure that Jack loved loved loved the extra attention since everyone in the stands was clapping and hooting. Made his day too!

He went out after and finished the second half with a storm. His spirits were high and we were all cheering like mad. It was a great event. I was so happy that Ryan’s Dad and other mom were able to be here. Not only did they get to see one child but they got to see all four of the teenagers doing something. I loved hearing how much they love our little town and how impressed they were of all the kids. It was fun introducing them to our friends and showing them around our town. We were lucky that they came to visit as Texas is a long ways away.

The night turned out great. We won the game and are now in playoffs for the Championships. Josh has another Color Guard for Veterans day and Cassie Volleyball season is coming to a close. It was a great day.

So, I don’t know if you are wondering how they knew that we weren’t there or how the announcement ended up coming over the loud speaker at half time right before Homecoming Court came out. Well at one point in the game my husband said he had to go to the car to get another SD card for the camera that we brought and missed everything for ha! He actually went up to the box and talked to the announcer about if they could redo that moment just for me. The town knows that I had surgery and this was my first real outing since then. It was important for me to be there for all four of my kids. I wouldn’t of missed it for the world. That’s true love. When you see that your wife and your child missed something that couldn’t be redone. He made it happen. I always tell him that he is my superhero. He truly is. We all were able to experience that event and it ended up being even more special because he decided to go talk to the announcer about it. I love the look on Jacksons grandparents faces. It was priceless. The look of crying or the look of how proud they were. I seriously cant believe I am going to be doing this three more times with my three other children in the next three years. Someone seriously help me! I am not going to be a good empty nester at all. Horrible in fact!

The night ended well. Everyone was happy and things always happen for a reason. Even if that reason ends up being your hubby making the night better for you and your son. I will forever remember that moment!
 
To subscribe you can add your email at the top and get an email every time I blog. Also you can do it by Bloglovin or Google#

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment