Monday, August 24, 2015

Grace Bible Church

My whole life I have know God. I was raised Catholic until I decided in my 30's that I wanted to go to a Christian Church and raise my children there. When we moved to Big Valley and were staying in a hotel while our house was opening up this amazing lady named Kerri introduced us to Grace Bible Church. We thought we would check it out and see if it was a church where we could get the message of God and teach our children also.

Boy was it! I loved the church and the fellowship right away. We were apart of a family that loved God and wanted to be better. We went almost every Sunday until my first Brain Surgery. During my recovery I stopped going and for whatever reason I didn't return. Laziness, Sickness, whatever the reason was that week. I missed it. I missed the message of God. I missed the people and the fellowship. I missed the Community. Still I didn't return I felt almost guilty and I shouldn't have.

My family has God in our hearts. We talk about God on a daily basis. I pray and have a very close relationship with God. I am only human and make mistakes daily but my family tries to walk and talk with God on our minds.

Going back to Church was on my heart. Heavy on my heart for months. I wanted to go back so bad but thought weird things like people might think I am there just because I am having another Brain Surgery or because something was wrong and we needed God. Those were untrue and weird things to think because none of them were true. It wasn't God who didn't want me there......He did want me there.

We decided as a family that we were going back to church this weekend. Unbeknownst to us they were having a baptism afterwards for anyone who wanted to get one. People had been planning it for weeks. Praying, getting ready, preparing.

Baptism NOUN

  1. (in the Christian Church) the religious rite of sprinkling water onto a person's forehead or of immersion in water, symbolizing purification or regeneration and admission to the Christian Church
 
Church was great. I knew the moment I stepped back in and starting singing that I wouldn't stop going. I wanted to be there. I yearned to be there. Fellowship was amazing. We were welcomed back as we had never left. Our Pastors are amazing and really are putting forth such effort. The church has grown so much even in the past year. Its amazing to see Gods work be done.
 
After church many people got Baptized. They restarted their lives with God. Cleansed their sins. Every Baptism that took place was amazing. Everyone clapped. As soon as they were done my daughter asked if she could do it but was scared because everyone had already gone that was going. Plus, we hadn't been to church so she didn't know how things were prepared or what you had to do. The answer was nothing. All she had to do was give her heart to the Lord again. Be cleansed by God and be renewed. Ryan walked over to our Pastor who had already gotten out of the water and said Cassie wanted to be baptized. All our kids have been baptized before but this was heavy on Cassies heart to do it again. An amazing thing! He said "of course" and they went back in. After praying over and for her Cassie was baptized. The neat thing is even more people decided to go in after that. I was so proud of her for doing what was on her heart! Not being afraid to speak up.

 
I am proud of each and every one who got Baptized on Sunday. What a special thing in their lives. It really has brought me to think about how much we love God. How I need to be a stronger parent and raise my kids knowing God even more than we do now. How fellowship is important too.
 
Grace Bible Church is amazing. They love you for who you are. I love how Pastor Kent says that he is only human and makes mistakes too. That God covers us all. His wife is amazing also she is the most caring Godly lady that I know. I am going to start going back to Woman's Bible Study soon. I love the fact that I am able to walk out of Church and have learned something that I can put with my daily life.
 
There is a revolution  going on. Grace Bible is expanding and really feeling the Lord. With Woman's Retreats with all denominations, Bible Studies and even with baskets for every worker at the school to give them a good start to their year from the Church. Things are happening. I can feel it and I want to be apart of it. They have an an amazing Youth Group ran by an amazing Lady who the kids love. I see differences in the teens that I want my children to be able to see, hear and feel too. God is good.
 
I am not going to be afraid anymore. I wont let my sickness hold me back from Church again. The Word of God and the fellowship that we receive is too important. What ever church you go too or your relationship with God even if you don't go can always be better. It just takes one person to start it and many to continue the love of God.
 
Thank you to our Church. For accepting our family as your own family. For your prayers and for the word of God. This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment