Monday, June 29, 2015

Gods Blessings...still good people in this world.

I am one of those people who are still always trying to find the good. I believe this world is inherently good even though some may not agree. I feel that God puts in in positions to help others...even if we don't have much. He also puts us in situations for others to help us all as well I am sure. The reason I am talking about this is because of last night and also a memory I have of my Grandmother when I was younger.

So this is how last night went. My husband got stung by bees in the neck the day before. He wasn't feeling that well in the morning so we actually ended up not going to church and canceling lunch with our friends. He told me to go but I felt I should be with him instead.

By early evening he was feeling better so we drove 30 miles to the other ranch (as we do daily) to do irrigation. I finally had phone service so I made some phone calls while he did the irrigation. By then it was already almost 9pm. I wanted to go to Holiday Market to pick up some stuff since our local store had already been closed for hours. Holiday Market is another 30 minutes or so but we needed a few items for the lunches and dinners I provide our helpers at the Ranch.

We kind of hemmed and hawed about whether we should go because it was getting late. Decided we would go anyways. We were out of creamer and that's a must ha! On our way there Ryan and I saw a guy on the side of the road that was in his car with flashing hazards with out of state plates.

Now to understand this...we do not live in a city. We live VERY MUCH in the country. The nearest gas station is 25 miles either way from where this guy was. Ryan told me to stay in the car and he asked the guy if he was okay. He was...thankfully, he had just ran out of Gas.

We told the guy we would go get some for him but it would be at least 40 minutes as the nearest gas station was 25 miles away. Long story short...we got gas, brought it back to him.

He was very thankful and proceeded to tell us that he was coming back from his fathers funeral and just wasn't thinking about being in the country. Thought he could make it to the next gas station. We felt so bad for him. Ryan got him laughing a bit by telling him how he used to do that too. Told him God Bless. That night we prayed for the guy. I have lost my mother to Cancer and I couldn't imagine losing my father too. I felt SO BAD for this man.

Moral of the story...I think God puts you in the position and also the moment that you should be in to help others. Its up to you to actually take on that role. I am glad my husband is a helpful man. If we wouldn't of had to get that creamer (among other things) we wouldn't of been there at the time the guy needed us. We didn't do anything great or heroic by all means but it just really made me think about the fact that its always in Gods timing.

This brings me back to when I was a teenager. My sister and I went on a road trip with my Grandma and Great Grandma. While at a gas station my Grandma accidentally left her purse on the back of a toilet seat in the restroom. We drove miles upon miles before we stopped again and she discovered it. Quickly we called and they said yes they found the purse that someone had turned it in. We drove all the way back to get it. I kept saying to my Grandma that there is no way they didn't take the money out. My Grandmother told me that there are good people in this world and to always think positive. When we arrived to get the purse....not a cent was taken. All the money for our trip was in there. Hundreds of dollars someone could of taken. This made a big impact on me. God was there that day helping us out. If someone would of stolen all that money we don't know what we would of done. It was a good example for me as a child. One that I carry on with my kids.

People are inherently good. Is there bad in this world...of course. Its about making someone's day and lending a hand though. For all the good stuff that people have always done for us we have to make sure we do it back for others. Kind of a pay it forward type of thing. I am hoping that man pays it forward to someone soon too. Remembering the day he ran out of gas and someone came to help.

The more good we do for others....the better this world will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment