Friday, February 6, 2015

FRAUD and sickness

Fraud....has it happened to you? So in a way I feel as if I have to laugh sometimes or I will cry. This week we have started out with sickness. I got sick last Saturday. Somehow since then I have had Joshua sick and now Cassie sick. Guess what....I am still sick too. Its lame because I don't want to feel sick. I want to get out and do things and not be at home all the time. Ryan has really had to pick up the slack in the house. We even ordered pizza one night because there was so much running around to do that we didn't have time to cook.

Side note...my husband really loves me. You know just one of the ways I can tell? When I am sick (which with a low immune system from recovering from brain tumor is a lot) he takes care of what I usually take care of. He doesn't complain even though that means starting his day early with taking Joshua to practice at 515am and picking up Jackson at 8pm from his practice. When I am really sick like now I have to take it way easy or I will end up in Adrenal Insuffiency which takes me to the ER. I don't want to go to the ER. No one does. First off we don't have time ha! Secondly I personally don't want to be there getting another shot in the leg. So when I am sick I have to take it slow and easy. He always makes sure that I am not doing tons of things even though I complain because I don't want to be laying down. I couldn't ask for a better husband. He is giving and understanding. I really got the good end of the deal. Love you Ryan! *I don't even know if he reads these ha*.

Anyways amidst all of this sickness we have a friend of a friend who just had surgery. She is a single mom and we all know that is not easy when you are suppose to not move around. I had said I would make a meal for them but with us all being sick that didn't happen. I decided it was nice to bring each person an individual taco salad with all the toppings from our local Frosty. Its the only restaurant we have in town but it is GOOD! Ryan preordered the salads to pick up as he was going to get them on the way to pick up our son Jason from his practice, drop Jack off and take Jason to 4H leadership meeting.

AND THEN THATS WHEN IT HAPPENED....DECLINED!

Declined he said? Do it again please. Declined again. We put the salads on our tab and he look at our bank app and there were still thousands in there. Why cant we get a Salad? So he called the bank. They had stopped our Debit card thankfully because someone was making big purchases that were out of state. There was a 1400 dollar laptop, 875 dollars in paypal stuff, and then to top it off they got Fandango tickets which at this point made me laugh because the nearest movie theater to us is like almost an hour away. Someone got our card number somehow and was taking a little joy ride with our hard earned money. What the heck. First off I was so angry because who would even think to do something like that? Secondly how did they get our number? Thirdly (is that even a word) now we have to change all of our auto bill pay stuff and get a new card. This also makes us have to go an hour to the nearest bank to get cash out until the new card is sent to us. What a mess.

I am thankful we have a good  bank that is going to put our money back in. Thankful they caught it before the ppl decided to start to clean out our whole bank acct. As it was they had over 2000 worth of it and were getting to the rest. Makes me ill to think someone would do that. What a mess to have to fix but I was glad it got caught in time. All is well. Just some paperwork to do and phone calls to make for our Auto Pay and all will be well again.

I hope everyone who is reading this is having a good safe three day weekend. We are going to be drinking lots of tea, eating chicken noodle soup and getting better. With two of the four kids coming home today sick from school its going to be a sit under a comforter and watch movies and nap kind of weekend.


Please subscribe by going to the home page and putting your email in. I cant tell who does it but you can always unsubscribe at anytime. Thank you for the support!


1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, crooks these days don't even need to see your card to use it. They can use a RFID and "read" your card while it is still in your wallet.

    I had this happen to me - I was on a cruise to Mexico and someone was buying stuff on my card in England.

    Since then, I have invested in wallets and tags to prevent people being able to read cards this way.

    Here's a sample of some of the products available on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rfid+blocking&sprefix=rfid+bl%2Caps%2C148

    I haven't had any issues since I started keeping my cards in RFID-protecting wallet.

    ReplyDelete