Monday, February 2, 2015

Super bowl is about Basketball?

Ok I know that Super bowl is about Football but this Super bowl weekend we had 5 basketball games for our kids so I am going to say its more about Basketball:)

Friday was Homecoming night. In our town we have Homecoming for Football and also for Basketball. Seniors had the feed for which I was grateful because I didn't have to help work it since I have 8th thru Juniors in my house. Juniors did have the Bake Sale and Sophomores were doing a donation 50/50 so we will still busy. I was happy that I was able to really sit down and watch the games. High School played Friday. Josh is in JV and did really well. He tried to make two shots which was awesome that he got out there. This is his first year playing he is a freshman. Here is the link to see his tries Josh Shot 
Josh making a shot

Jackson is a Junior and in Varsity. I love watching them come out because all the little kids line up at the locker room to make like a tunnel. You know that has to make them feel awesome. Its easy to explain but better to show so here is the link.....Varsity Coming In

Josh and Jackson both won their games. After they had a Homecoming dance and we had two extra kids spending the night at our house. I kind of like that our kids don't really go to other ppl houses to spend the night but rather their friends always want to come here. Makes it fun and also I can always keep my watchful eye out:) Gosh MOM I know right! :) Here is Jackson getting his groove on in basketball too....Jackson Playing 
Jack making a shot

Friday was a long night with the kids coming home at 1am from the dance. Then we had to get back up in the morning early because Jason had a game and the 8th graders were doing concessions the whole tournament. I left early with a couple of the kids and Ryan brought the rest right before the game. The 8th graders did good at selling the concessions for their 8th grade graduation and big trip. Jason's team did really well at both of their games. They lost BUT they made more points than they ever have. This is Jason's first year of basketball also and he made a shot in both games. I was so proud. Here is that video....Jacks Shot! 
Jason making a shot

At the end of the events I actually wasn't feeling well. I had felt that morning I was coming down with something but my head was pounding away by the time we got home. Ryan ended up taking Jason to go get his first ever steer for 4H. I don't know what he is going to name him yet  but I am sure he will come up with something clever. I love that Jason is going to show a Steer this year and sell him later. How it works in our house is we will buy the animal for the kids, we will buy the feed too. Everything is marked down though in our journal and when Jason sells the steer we get our money back in full and he gets to keep the rest for himself. If he is smart he will use some of that to buy a steer for the next year and keep making money. You can make 1000 plus dollars. Ryan jokes with me that we should get a bunch and sell them for more money for the kids college. I am starting to think that is a good idea and not so much of a joke. Here is Jason's Steer....:)
Jasons new steer for 4H

Also Saturday night Jason got invited by his good friend Cooper and their family to go to a College Basketball game. I think was a great thing because even though they had scored more point than they ever have at their game today the boys were pretty bummed out. To tears even for my 8th grade son. Its all a learning experience and he has fun 99 percent of the time and was feeling fine after the game. Thank you Albaugh family for taking him. He had a great time and is still talking about it and what he had learned!

Is the weekend over yet? Nope! I know right! You think with all of this we would be done but we are just onto Sunday now ha! We were going to go to church and also to a Super bowl party at our friends but ended up staying home in our PJs because I was not even close to feeling well.

I am thankful I have the husband I do. He made Nachos and wings for the kids and we all piled in the family room to watch the game. I took a long nap before the game started and he woke me up just in time. We had a great time watching the game together. Would of been a lot of fun to be with our friends but didn't want to be spreading those germs. Josh and I were rooting for the Seahawks and the other four were rooting for the Patriots. We laughed though because midway Cassie said that she was going to root for the Seahawks that she was confused because of the color of their jersey. Football is not Cassie's thing. She is an Anime, drawing lover through and through. She likes Anime so much that when I walked into the bathroom I saw her Wig that she does Cosplay with hanging up because she had washed it ha! Yep that's my Cassie Girl!
Cassie cosplay Wig
The day ended well. Only thing I didn't like about the Superbowl was at the end when they were throwing punches. We were all talking about how that is so unsportsmanlike and how its not something we would do in our household. It made how much they tried and did a good job (both teams) look foolish and took away from the great game they had.

So super bowl is over now. We have Katy Perrys song stuck in our head and I am ready for Bed again. It was a good weekend!

I wanted to thank everyone for following. Since I started blogging a couple weeks ago we have had over 1000 views. Please subscribe and get an email anytime a blog comes out. All you have to do is go to the Home page and subscribe. Thank you so much for supporting us.

No comments:

Post a Comment