Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My Cosplaying Anime Daughter

I guess I should start with a definition. Cosplay is a practice of dressing up as a character from a movie, book or video game especially one from a Japanese Genre. Anime is a style of Japanese film and television animation for older kids and adults as well as children.

My daughter is a cosplaying, anime loving, Japanese art loving child. It all started when she watched the movie Spirited Away with her biological father and I when she was young. Since then she has blossomed into a HUGE Anime fan. I watch a little of it but I know her biological father is super into it so it gives them something they can bond with. Her clothes have Anime. She talks Anime. She has been trying to learn Japanese to understand it more. I don't know that many kids who love to watch animation in a different language and read subtitles but my daughter does.

What I think is cool about cosplaying is that you really use your imagination. The person also isn't afraid to just be that person who is walking around as someone else. To me its like when I was a kid and used to dress in underoos to be Superwoman. I would run around the house in my undies and tshirt and put on a towel cape and I WAS Superwoman in my own mind.

There are so many different Anime Characters that you can transform yourself into so many things. Here are just a few of them that Cassie has dressed up like just to see if she could. The last one may seem scary but really its not if you watch the show.


I am just happy that my daughter has a passion. She loves Anime and dressing up (Cosplaying). She is an artist and draws it all the time too. Here are a few samples.....



Its cool to have a child that is so into something and doesn't care if its the "thing" to be into in High School or not. Being in a small community there isn't much of that going on here but in the big cities there is a lot. Lots of Comicons and Cosplay Weekends where famous ppl even go. It can be a total family event if you want it to be. Its something we have looked into taking her too maybe this summer if there is one close by. I am glad she has a passion and is willing to explore that passion.

Wish more people would do that in life. Not be afraid to have fun and be who they want to be. Have imagination and do a little art in their lives!:) Go Cassie! Good Job for being who you are and not afraid to show it!


Subscribe to my blog by going to the homepage and typing in your email address. Anytime I write a blog you will get an email with its contents. Unsubscribe at anytime. Have a Blessed Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment