Monday, February 2, 2015

My Anime Daughter...whats that??

What is Anime? And why is my daughter Cassie obsessed with it?
Drawing by Cassie

 Anime is animated productions featuring hand-drawn or computer animation. The word is the abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" in Japanese, where this term references all animation. In other languages, the term is defined as animation from Japan or as a Japanese-disseminated animation style often characterized by colorful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastic themes. Arguably, the stylization approach to the meaning may open up the possibility of anime produced in countries other than Japan. For simplicity, many Westerners strictly view anime as an animation product from Japan.
(taken from Wikipedia.com)

Cassie has been obsessed with Anime since her dad and I showed her the movie Spirited Away when she was younger. Now she is always watching Anime, wearing Anime stuff and Drawing Anime. I love that she is so passionate about something. Her favorites right now are Black Butler, Death Note, Naruto, and Love Stage!
Anime Drawing by Cassie

Today she went to Art Class for the first time this year. I am excited because she will learn a lot more. I think she has her own talent though already. Ok ok I know that I am her mom so I am automatically going to think that. I do think though that she is good. I couldn't do what she is doing. Cassie is always listening to music and drawing. That's what she does in her pastime. As a parent its nice that she likes to draw and listen to music instead of doing things that some teens like to do. Cassie is active in sports and school, science club and leadership also.
Drawing By Cassie

Anyways Anime is not a child's cartoon like Mickey Mouse or Sponge Bob but rather a story that has love, drama, mystery, action etc. in it. One day you should check them out. Its worth a watch. I know because I didn't want to see it but she made us all sit down one day. Ryan and I said we would watch one episode and ended up watching the whole series. :)

Here is some of her art work that she has done recently. Every day she gets better....she is only 16 cant wait to see what she is doing in the next couple years....





If you would like to subscribe to my blog please go to the homepage and put in your email. You will get an email every time a new blog comes out. I cant see if you subscribed but you can unsubscribe at anytime.





.


No comments:

Post a Comment