Monday, May 11, 2015

Family Day

Sometimes you just have to get up and get away with your family. Since I got a new car (to me) this week I thought what would be more fun than going on a mini road trip. We had a couple appointments at Lens Crafters to get the kids their eyes checked and to see who needed new scripts or if they needed glasses at all. Since it is two hours away we wanted to make a family day out of it.

After testing eyes it ended up Joshua and Cassie needed glasses. Cassie already had some but her script had changed a little. I love watching the technology they do to make sure the eye is healthy and also that they have the right prescription.





After getting the glasses for these two we walked around the mall as prom is coming up this weekend to make sure that Jackson had the bow tie he wanted. Cassie already had her dress and Joshua doesn't want to go this year. I am thankful that both my kids who are going are going with friends. I think it makes for a fun dance where you can enjoy yourself and hang out with all of your friends. I am proud they both decided to go alone and to just have a blast.

After our appointment we decided to take the kids to the new Avengers movie. They were pretty excited. I personally don't LOVE, LOVE Avengers like my family does but it was a good movie. I think Cassie and Ryan are probably the biggest Avenger fans as they wear some of the clothes even ha! I love going to the movies with my family. We don't do it often as its really far from our ranch so it truly is a treat. The kids loved it. I loved having popcorn ha! Okay Thor and Iron Man aren't hard on the eyes either. Mid movie I leaned over to Ryan and told him that Iron Man makes me think of him. Maybe I will start calling him Iron Man and see what he does :)

With Joshua Bday, Jasons 8th Grade Graduation and Mothers Day coming up we decided to go to Kobe Steakhouse. This is a BIG treat for us. It was a great end to our day however. All of us sitting around a hibachi watching them cook and do a show. Delicious food. Its funny because we are at this super nice restaurant and Jackson asked to go to Taco Bell after. I told him I wasn't going to sit next to him if he said that and moved my seat jokingly. Of course after the food was served and we had an amazing time....Taco Bell was well forgotten. Hey when you live so far from restaurants even Taco Bell is a treat (yuck).


It was a good day. Lots of laughs and lots of fun. Just us and a memorable day. We love being able to treat the kids once in awhile. They were thankful and by the time we drove home there was a lot of silence from sleeping teens. It was a good day! I loved it. We are blessed to be able to do that once in awhile and thankful to God for those blessings.

Subscribe to my blog....its fun~! Always something new happening. You can subscribe by email on the home page, Google+, Bloglovin or even just by visiting my link. Have a Blessed Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment