Monday, May 4, 2015

Top 20 and a real glimpse into who I am

I was researching the Top Ten things people want to read about in a blog. One of the ones is to know more about the blogger. I thought to myself okay why not! Grab a pillow though in case you get bored because I don't know how exciting my life is. One thing I do know though is I write like I talk so don't expect perfect grammar ha!

All about Rae-Rae!

  1. I started this blog for myself. I thought it would be like a diary of sorts for myself and my family to look back on. I love taking pictures even though I am not a photographer and lets be honest....who writes in an actual diary anymore? My hand would be cramping and I would end up rewriting it a hundred times just because I didn't like my handwriting. Just trying to be honest here.
  2. My father passed away when my mom was pregnant with me. She remarried and he became my father. He is the only man I have ever known. My biological fathers name was Larry Ray and that's how my mom came up with my true name "LaRae".
  3. I traveled a lot as a child. My dad was in the military. I went to 22 countries before I was 20. I was in Germany for Kindergarten and graduated High School in Japan.
  4. I am an animal lover! I dont like rodents! Other than that I love animals and saving them. I have always been this way. Funny considering I grew up with only one dog. We have 6 dogs, 5 horses, 3 lambs, 2 calves, and barn cats. I love each and every one of them. We work hard to keep them healthy, happy and well fed. I am lucky my husband loves animals as much as I do since when we met he had one dog and we had two cats.
  5. This is my second marriage. I have a blended family. I have been with my husband 7 years and we both have 2 children. I do not have step children. All four of them are ours in my mind. I just have to share with other parents. More people to love them. That is why we have two 14 year olds, 16 and 17 year old.
  6. I live on a Ranch with miles of land around us. We live in a small ranching town. Starbucks is 70 miles away. I love to shop so we do a lot of it online. We don't even have a post man that comes to our house. Thankfully UPS does though:)
  7. I always thought when my four kids would grow to be teenagers that I would hate it. I had heard such horror stories. I actually love it. They are at the age of learning to be their own people and I love watching that. Plus my kids crack me up on a daily basis. The one thing I dont like about having four kids is when one asks you a question and you say no. Then the next one does and you say no. Then the third one does and you say no. Then the fourth one comes and asks because they didn't know all three of their siblings asked and you about lose your mind and say NO!! Whoever the fourth one is ends up looking at you like you have lost it lol.
  8. I have been on three Cruises. My first one was my honeymoon. I think its the best Vacation especially for the price!
  9. I have many hobbies but I tend to get really into one and then finish it and not go back for awhile. I was into painting once, couponing, scrapbooking, swimming, etc. I tend to get way into something for awhile. I probably should get back into really good gourmet cooking again my family would probably enjoy that.
  10. My husband is my Best Friend. He actually is. We try to do everything we can together because we enjoy each others company. Our first date I never knew we would end up together because neither of us wanted a commitment just a friend. We both walked away knowing we would be friends for life. Problem was he kissed me months later and I was hooked! Dang that kiss.
  11. I am a Christian. I am not perfect by all means but I love God and speak to him daily. Its important to me to be connected to him even if I don't go to Church that often.
  12. My family is my blessing and my world. I am a stay at home mom. I could work but my husband lovingly wants me not to so we can have time together and he knows what work goes into our teens. I could work at anytime I wanted. He doesn't hold me back but he knows my heart. Kids come first.
  13. I am in remission from a Rare Disease called Cushings. I had a Brain Tumor on my pituitary and had surgery on July 25th 2014. It takes minimum of a year to recover and I am at 10 months. That day was the best day because I started to get my life back again.
  14. My three favorite charities are N.O.R.D (National Organization of Rare Diseases), Ronald Mcdonald House (they help so many even us when my son was 6 months old and had scull surgery) and ANY Cancer Foundation. My mother passed away from Cancer 4 years ago. It was one of the worst days of my life.
  15. I work on myself all the time. I think everyone can always be better. Whether is their manners, being humble, helping others or watching how they are acting or talking. I think till the day I die I will be a work in progress.
  16. I love my family and my friends. I have one friend who has been my best friend since we were 12 years old. I am 39 so its been forever! Laura is my rock who has been there my whole life it seems. She was even my Lamaze coach with my first child because my husband (ex) was in Army Basic Training at the time. She is straight forward and will tell me how it is. She has my back and wants what's best for me. I can ask her any question and know I will get the honest truth back. No one could ask for a better friend.
  17. Vacations and traveling are important to me. I feel like money comes and goes in our life but those memories will always stay. This year we took our family to Cabo Mexico. I think those memories will stay forever. WE are lucky enough to be able to travel. If you cant travel far though then travel in your town. Most people dont even do the tourist stuff close by them.
  18. My family consists of my dad, my step mom Andy (married after my mother passed) and my sister. My sister is married and has two of my favorite nieces and nephews. My husbands family has his mom, his dad and step mom, his older brother and then he is a twin with his sister. I am really close to my sister and Ryans sister and my nieces and nephews! I love them all. Love watching them grow! My Dad and my Mother in law are two of my favorite people in this world.
  19. When not with my family, friends or animals I spend my extra time on the computer blogging and Moderating. I have four sites. Two of them are blogs.
www.2cushiegirls.blogspot.com is my Cushings Blog
www.Cushingstories.com is my website with blogs, videos and stories. I am co-Founder of this one with my good friend Rachel!
Cushings!! which is a group on Facebook that helps answers questions with a lot of support.
   20.  I am so thankful for all of you who read my blogs or website. When I see how many are looking at it, it really makes me smile. I always tell my husband that its cool that other like to see whats going on in our lives. Guess we should be more exciting ha! I want to thank you all! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

To subscribe go to the homepage and put your email in. If you are on your phone just click view website and do it that way. You can also subscribe by Google+ or Bloglovin. I post all the blogs on my blog part in Pinterest and on Twitter. . I seem to be everywhere ha! Please comment at anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment