Sunday, May 31, 2015

Gardening Happiness



Basil! Love the Smell of it
One of my favorite things to do when I have time is Garden. I had an amazing garden two years ago and wish for it back. Last year with my Brain surgery coming up from my tumor I was too weak to even have one. Now I am cured! Stronger and Healthier! Today was a day with two of some of my favorite people in the world and really a feat in my head of the recovery I have had!

We definitely aren’t going big. Especially since we moved we don’t have time to till and make a huge garden. I mean its already the end of May and the growing season here isn’t that long. Most years my tomato grow big and delicious but never are able to really turn red before the first frost.

 

After planting. Love getting dirty


No longer will that happen! NO! NO! NO! We have a greenhouse at this new house and they will blossom and flourish there and turn million shades of red. Take that frost! Ok I have to admit though that we have 20 tomato plants so really I should start thinking of more salsa recipes right? I mean there is only 6 of usJ I kind of went a little crazy.


Jason getting ready to plant all the Tomato plants
In front of our house we put cabbage, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, kale, and cauliflower. YUM! They are just little plants now but will become big, delicious and dinner at some point. My good friend Helen supplies us with organic yummy starts for us to garden. I didn’t have a greenhouse till a week ago so she helped me out. She is an amazing gardener that I look up too and sometimes wish I could go to her house, drink coffee, look over her garden and secretly pretend its mine. Love ya Helen!

Jason with some more herbs
We also have a bunch of herbs to cook with that we are setting up in the green house too. Basil (love that smell of basil), rosemary, thyme, etc. I can’t wait!

Cassie planting Kale and Cabbage
This was just the small start of our gardening this summer. I of course have gone crazy in my head and will be getting more. I need to plant green beans, lettuce, zucchini, radish and spinach! YUM!

Cassie passing us more dirt
My favorite time with gardening besides the sun and the smell of fresh herbs was working with Cassie and Jason. They are such great help and not worried about getting dirty at all. Love them! We only have one week before all four of my teenagers go to their other parent’s house for the summer. We are trying to do as much as possible with them. Jack and Jason will be at their moms for half the summer and Cassie and Josh at their dads. I miss them already and they aren’t even gone yet. I am thankful that they will have fun with their other parent however. It’s just so weird going from 4 noisy, fun teenagers to a quiet house. Ryan says it’s just another Honeymoon for us but I still feel the piece of my heart missing when they are all gone.

So sad but first time I saw a baby Chipmonk
Ok, Ok back to happiness before I put myself into a motherly pout. It was fun gardening with two of my kids. I laughed because Cassie is such a particular gardener. She has a method. Jason is more of the gardener that waits for instruction the whole time. He did save me from the baby chipmunk that we found however. So sad it wasn’t aliveL  I think this is the first time Jason has planted tomatoes. He likes the smell of the garden too. I told him he was meant to do this then. Cassie is so meticulous that it just helps the garden look that much better. Love these two! Out of the four of my kids Cassie and Jason are my quiet ones that are more chill. Jackson and Joshua are definitely my more active children that are all over the place and always bored.

Yep..another tomato plant Jason
I have already looked at the garden like 500 times since we planted it. I swear its growing already ha! I think my favorite part of putting it in was the love from my kids and the smell of the veggies that will come! Summer is here! Bring on the good cooking and Veggies!

 

Subscribe to this blog and get each entry as it comes. You can subscribe by Google+, Bloglovin, Email (go to the top of the page and type in your email its that simple) or I even twitter it. Thank you in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment