Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My Anniversary and VivoSmart

Happy Anniversary to us! Most couples probably give each other jewelry or flowers or something. Not us....we decided to get Garmin VivoSmart ! Ok Ok! We were more romantic than just that so I will tell you about our day first and then about the present we decided to get each other.

We had to wake up mega early! Earlier than normal to feed the animals and leave because I had a Dr appointment 2 hours away. I am Not a 5am riser usually but so be it...it had to be done. We had everything in place for our amazing neighbor to take the kids to school and for our other amazing friend to do the next feeding.

Our drive there was romantic as it always is because we were alone and just talked about our relationship. We do the whole "What could we have done better and what was awesome this year" thing. So many great things and memories!
We always have our own style

After the Dr appointment we went to a couple of stores to get Easter stuff for the kids and for me to get a couple of outfits and even looked at a hunting shop. Then we went to BestBuy to ask about my hubbies computer that he has in there being fixed and then that is when we decided to look around because I had been wanting a new camera lens and saw the Garmin VivoSmart. *Side note...they aren't paying me or anything for this*.
Hers and His!

Ryan had talked about getting it before but I was not that into it at the time. We had heard about them but I was still recovering from Bronchitis so it wasn't an option for me. We saw them and had the BestBuy guy come over and explain them to us. We want to have many more years to go together as a couple and part of that is being healthy. I have suffered from Cushing's as many of you know so I am gaining strength after my Brain Surgery. My muscles have depleted and I am carrying a lot of excess weight from Cushing's on my body. Now that I am in remission I am working to get my real self back.  It was MY idea to get them and to do this together. Ryan was into it if I was into it because he hikes a lot while hunting or just walks a lot while irrigating. It was going to be a present for us as a couple to do together and also to help us live longer to be together longer.

So what is a Garmin VivoSmart you ask? Its like a Bracelet you wear that monitors how many steps you take in a day. Its cooler than that though because it gives you a goal by your height, weight and activity level. My Goal for the first day is 5000 steps. Ryan's is 7500 (he is more active than I am so it set his goal higher). It also monitors your sleep and how well you are sleeping. This interests me a lot because I do a lot of tossing and turning. Trust me....when you see my hair is the morning you know I am not staying in one spot. It also tells you the time, date, gives you text messages from your phone so you can decide if you want to look at your phone or not. Tells you how many miles you have walked in a day with your steps, lets you control your music, and the best thing I think is when you have been inactive for one hour it vibrates to tell you to get up and move for a bit. Makes you really think about moving. Even if it is in the house. For Instance I have already walked a mile and that is just from cleaning up the house and tending to my two sick kids today. I haven't even gotten my day really started yet.

There is an online community for it too and it can be attached to your other apps that count calories etc so you can put your movement on it. I am not into that but some of you maybe. We are pretty excited! I had to get the Green inlay one because I love that color. Ryans is blue. We were excited to try it as soon as the morning started and it was charged. Oh it lasts 7 days before you have to charge again and you can shower or swim with it on.

After coming home, feeding the animals again, talking with the kids and seeing how their days went we decided to go out to a romantic dinner at Crumbs while the kids ate at home. Its cute because our kids like that we go out every once in awhile to have dates. They even tell us that its important which I think is good. They got their chores done and were in bed on time. Jackson called me to ask me something about our calf and he started the convo by saying "I am sorry I know its your romantic evening but Minnie only drank half bottle is that okay" LOL!

Dinner was amazing. I had Blackened Ahi Tuna which I love and Ryan had a Steak. The atmosphere was great and it was nice to be out as adults at a restaurant with a table for two instead of six ha! We talked about all sorts of things but mainly how much we loved each other. Yes we are gross like that! We ate and laughed a lot. After dinner on the way back was probably my favorite time though because its a bit of a drive to come home as we don't have dinner restaurants in our town. Ryan was cold as usual, I was hot as usual so I said to him "Happy Anniversary crank the heat up" ha! He cranked it up but about 10 minutes from our house we were getting so tired. It was only 930 but we were! I started looking around for something to help keep him awake like a Candy cane or something to chew on. He keeps those year round its weird. I found a Coyote call in the center console and started using that so loud. He jumped and laughed. He found a turkey one and there we were squawking and honking and howling for the next ten minutes. We were laughing so darn hard! This was totally us. Our weird selves! It was the best part of the night!




We got home safe and that's what mattered with smiles on our faces walking hand and hand back to the house. It was a great evening. I am glad that my husband is just that... my husband! More than that though he is my Best Friend. He is one amazing guy who I love with all my heart. I could never really express to him what he means to me. I am one lucky gal!


Subscribe to this blog by going to the home page and putting in your email. You can subscribe on Google plus or Bloglovin also. Many, Many ways! I hope you have a Blessed Day!

1 comment:

  1. So refreshing. You go girl! Seize that beautiful life!

    ReplyDelete