Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Swimming with the Dolphins and facts

Dive in with the dolphins and get up-close and personal with the friendliest mammals in the ocean! We decided to do an excursion when in Puerto Vallarta and swim with the dolphins. Ryan and I had done this on our honeymoon but really wanted our kids to be able to experience this amazing event.

Its kinda pricey but worth every penny. You are there for 3.5 hours and its only 140 dollars per person. Well times 6 for us but again it was worth every penny. You get bused to the location from the Cruise ship. Once there the instructor tells you about the dolphins they have at the facility. It was neat to hear all about them. Then its lifejackets on and in the water you go!

You are in small groups so everyone really gets to interact with the dolphins. The trainers show you some of the tricks it can do and sounds it can make. Our dolphin was so pretty. Ok, ok I think EVERY dolphin is pretty!

To feel a dolphin you would think by the look of it that they feel like silk. They actually feel more like a rubber suit that you scuba in but slicker. They went over some facts of dolphins. Like they shed their skin every couple hours. That's how they stay so smooth. It sheds little piece by piece and evaporates instantly in the ocean. Talk about dead skin cells! Made me want to go home and change all of my mattresses ha!








Then we were able to have them kiss us or us kiss them depending on the dolphin.
Ryan kissing dolphin ...I was jealous ha!

Cassie smooching

Jason having a great time



The best part was being able to hold on and ride the dolphin around the area and feed it fish after.
Swimming

Speed demon Jackson

We also got to dance with her.
Josh Dancing with Dolphins


They are majestic creatures and I am so in love. Their eyes are so human and their hearts so kind. Being who I am I wanted to take them home! I loved also that the one we were working with was a mother. The baby was a year old but the trainers still let the mom go off and check on the baby which was in the same area as us. I mean the baby was full grown and I wouldn't of known it was a baby. They let the dolphins do what they want and don't push them to do more. That's how you know you are in a good place.

After "training" them they do a show. Jumping and swimming past you in a race. It was awesome to see.
Our show with us in background

Then its showers and lunch that they provide. It was a great excursion I give it a 5 out of a 5. Lunch was amazing with very fresh foods that were very satisfying. We even go to eat by iguanas that were walking around.

All in all it was an amazing event. I loved seeing the excitement on my kids faces. I loved seeing them laugh when we said they were making out with a dolphin because the kiss was long (for the picture). Its an experience they will never forget and I am so excited we decided to do it.



 
Subscribe by Google+, email or Bloglovin   Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment