Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spring Break Part 2

When my mother was pregnant with me my Biological father passed away. My mother remarried when I was an infant and I was adopted by my dad Vaughn. The most amazing thing about it was Larry's family (my biological father), my dads family and my mothers family stayed connected. Many of my aunts and uncles invite each other 30 years later to each others houses from the opposite sides. I love that my parents took the time in my life to see and stay connected to all sides of the family. After visiting in Spokane Cassie and I decided to make an impromptu visit to my families town which is Centralia, Wa. It was another 6 hour drive from where we were already visiting but it was so well worth it.

The thing about impromptu visits is no one knows you are coming. Usually when we all get together its planned so we have time to get everyone together. My biological Father Larry Ray (that's how they got my name LaRae) had 7 brothers and sisters. My mother had 2 sisters. The really neat thing is both of my Grandmas from both sides were best friends. I know any of you if you had a best friend would find it amazing if your child married your best friends child. What a way to connect the family.

First stop was to surprise my Uncle Mike. He had no idea we would be showing up. Heck I didn't know till that day either. He had just had open heart surgery. I wanted so bad to surprise him because I hadn't seen him in years even though we keep in contact on Facebook. His daughter Marie helped me set it up to surprise him. You should of seen his face when we walked in. I am so glad he is doing well. I really worried. Heart Surgery is no joke. Hugging my cousins were amazing too. I love Marie we have always been close. Stephen is too shy haha!


We went up to my families town and got a hotel. The next two days were a blur. I was suppose to meet my Grandpa on my biological fathers side for breakfast. It ended up being my grandpa, Vivian, My two uncles and their wives and my cousin. We never do anything small lol. It was so good to catch up with them that we decided to meet again for breakfast the day we were leaving. I had so many more houses still to go too. I loved seeing their faces. It warmed my heart instantly.


I went to my Uncle Mikes house next. He was my grandpas brother. Watching him rock in his recliner made me think of my Grandpa who had passed. This is on my others side. You know I think I cried three times while I was there. Hugging him was like hugging my mom. I miss my mom and grandpa a lot. Its nice to have someone who reminds me so much of them. He is a pastor also and that is always comforting because we could talk freely about God and our beliefs. Side note. The first time I ever felt God was at his church when I was little.

Next stop was my Aunt Cathy's house and all my pregnant cousins. They wouldn't let me take pictures of them but they were all there. I did have one cousin there too who I love who isn't pregnant but she is getting married in Sept so who knows what's next. We had a great time. Loved visiting and being with my second cousins too. I laughed a lot as my 4 year old second cousin told me that she didn't want to speak English and she will do is later. Mind you that's the only language she knows. Cassie fell in love with their puppies while we were there and oh boy did I know we would end up going home with one. Took three days for Ryan and I to really discuss it but by the day we left we had Sebastian in tow with us.



By the time Cassie and I got to the hotel we were beat. We had met up with over 20 of our family members. I texted my hubby and told him about our trip even though I had sent pictures throughout the day. I was so thrilled he had talked me into going. I really needed it. Cassie and I zonked out but fell asleep with smiles on our faces.

The next morning we met up with my mothers side of the family. My mom had two sisters. Jacque had 3 boys and Val had a boy and a girl. We were able to all get together but just missing out on 2 cousins which was amazing. I am glad that my family is close. I am the oldest grandchild on both of these sides so all of my cousins are younger than me. I always tell them they have to respect me! I think they just boss me around as much as I do them. Lots of hugs and more hugs and more hugs were given. Cassie was able to hang out with her cousins which was nice that she finally had some kids her age around. Kaeden and Cassie I swear would be BFF if we lived closer.



After we went to one of my cousins and hung out and talked and talked. I never tire of talking ha! I had promised Cassie we would go to the movie Cinderella so along the way I invited people. It was cool because we ended up with 3 sides of my family there. Aunts, cousins, cousin in laws and us. It was GREAT! I love seeing the faces of people who are so dear in my life. By the time the movie was over it was almost 11. Cassie and I were so tired but we followed my Bre to see where her work was. Once we got to the hotel we were out like a light.

I didn't even want to get up the next morning but we had too. I called Ryan and told him I wanted to move to Washington. I miss my family so so so much. I feel so at home with them. Cassie and I got ready to go and meet my Grandpa and Grandma for breakfast before our long drive back. Usually we stay with my Grandpa or Aunts but since it was impromptu we decided a hotel would be better. As usual many more showed up. My Uncles Bob and David, my Aunt Janet, my cousins Sarah, Laura, Brittney, Courtney, and Laura's hubby. It was a full table.

I just never wanted to leave. I missed them all so much. After lots of talking (mostly on my part ha) and lots of hugs and pictures Cassie and I were headed home. But wait! We had to go and pick up our new puppy Sebastian. Many hours later and many, many songs later we were home. It was a great week! I wish it never ended. I cant wait till we go back in Sept with all of us! Its going to be an adventure. I had to get back though....as the 6 of us are going on our first family Cruise to Cabo in just a few short days. Man I have to unpack and pack us all up again! Here we come Mexico!


Subscribe to my blog by Google+, or putting your email in at the homepage. You can also follow by the app Bloglovin    Have a Blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Can see a facial resemblance between you and your biological father's family. Always interesting to me how even though we are a genetic blend sometimes we are more one than the other, not only visually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do find that my eyes fit that family and they say my creativity too:) I completely agree with you on the genetic blend part just by looking at my own children

      Delete