Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spring Break Part 1

When you have a blended family of children Spring Break is always a difficult one. This year Jackson and Jason went to their moms. Joshua decided to stay with Ryan for the week and help him at home. Cassie and I decided to go from California to Washington to see Betty. Betty is this amazing person who has been in my life and the kids life since they were born. To her I am her daughter and these are her Grandchildren. She has been this positive influence in my life and always thinks of the kids. We decided to finally go visit since it had been a long time seeing her face to face although we talk on the phone weekly.
Cassie and  I on Road trip



The drive was amazing, slow but amazing. It took 11 hours to get there but Cassie kept me entertained with her 11 hours of music that never replayed a song. She is forever going to be my DJ. I was thrilled that we could have some girl time. With four guys in the house it was nice to just get out the two of us. I wish all of my boys could of come but this worked out anyways.
Bye Bye Adin
 A bittersweet moment though was on our way up Betty got sick that day. We decided to stay in a hotel that night. Bitter because Betty was sick but sweet because we ordered Chinese food and laughed a lot at the hotel. The next morning we decided to go to Coeur d' Alene Idaho which was only an hour away and see the sites. We had a great time! We stopped off at this coffee shop and Cassie asked for a large. These things were HUGE! No way I could drink the whole thing but it was yummy.
Biggest Coffee Ever!

Coeur D' Alene

Girls just gotta have fun



Once we were at Bettys she was thankfully feeling better. We talked and talked and caught up as people do. It was nice to see her in person. We were able to stay there a couple days and really catch up. My favorite part was hearing some of her stories of her life in the past. She also gave us the most AMAZING quilts that she had made and stocking caps for the kids. They even won top prizes at the fair. I love quilts. To have something someone put so much time and effort into becomes my most prized possession. We had a good time visiting, playing games, watching American Idol together which I never have time to watch. It was a good visit and I am glad that we came. Next time we all will have to come up. Was sad to go.
Cassie and Grandma Betty

A positive light in my life

One funny thing while we were there was Cassie. I do this crazy thing where I always brush her eyebrows with my finger just to annoy her. She hates it but its kinda our thing. It because a laughing thing eventually and I always say that If I died she would miss it. So one of the nights we were there I took a picture of me doing that in her sleep. Showed it to her in the morning and she told me she was going to get me lol. I had to buy her love with another huge coffee ha! She loves it! I wont stop doing it  because now its kinda become our thing.
She tried to take this cat home. Hat made by Betty
HAHA got ya!

Our first half of the week was a great visit. We decided to travel 6 more hours to see all of my family after that. It was impromptu so I was calling people left and right on the way up there. Before we left though we were able to see Cassies Aunt for lunch on her Dads side. It was a super quick visit but fun all the same.
Cassies Aunt Nina

6 more hours of driving and we were off again.....Still had 3 more days of vacation and what came next was definitely interesting. Read Part 2!
6 more hours to go

Look at that view

Subscribe by putting in your email on the homepage. You will receive an email everytime I post. Also you can subscribe by Google+ and Bloglovin  

No comments:

Post a Comment