Tuesday, March 17, 2015

39.....a weird comical birthday.

This Birthday was so not a typical birthday to me. Usually its full of fun and lots of activities etc. I just turned 39. That means I am almost 40....FORTY! Actually to be honest I am not someone who cares about how old they are getting. I figure having four teenagers is either keeping me young or I am so old the number really doesn't matter ha! I think probably old but maybe it will make me young eventually right ha!

My birthday was Monday. The weekend before we went to a memorial for Ryan's Grandma. It was a bittersweet moment where we got to pay our respects...grieve...share stories. She is going to missed so much! My husband, my MIL and my husbands siblings are still grieving a lot so I am being respectful and not posting about it. It was really good to see all his family and have all the cousins together.
Driving home....

On the way home however after two days there we decided to stop at Cattlemen's Steakhouse for dinner. This was going to be my family birthday dinner since on my birthday we had a lot to do like sports awards for two of the kids. We don't normally do this but this time we told the kids they can order whatever they wanted. Happy birthday to me.....not happy bday to our bank account:) Its good to really treat everyone every once in awhile. Josh and Jack decided that they were going to have a whole rack of ribs. I asked if they would actually be able to eat it because I didn't think they would be able too. Jason and I had steak and shrimp scampi. Cassie had shrimp and Ryan got a big ol steak. All I have to say is the strawberry lemonade there is to die for!!! I am literally drooling thinking about it. Hold on...be right back. Need to clean off my keyboard.
Josh and Jack....one rack each

yummy

Jason and I had shrimp scampi and Steak

Its my strawberry lemonade.....it was the BEST

Josh couldn't finish

Jack swore his stomach got bigger

We had a good dinner and I was really happy we did that even though we ended up getting home at midnight from our weekend trip to his grandmas memorial. I had to hurry and sleep because I would be getting up on my birthday at 445am to leave by 515 to drive two hours to a doctors appointment. I really should of taken a different day but I wanted to get it done with.

As most of you know I am in remission from Cushing's Disease. I had a tumor removed from my brain (in my pituitary). It messes with your immune system. Messes with a lot of things. 11 hormones to be exact. So you gain a lot of weight, have low immune system, bruise, stretch marks, insomnia, brain fog etc....  lets just say its no fun! If you want to know more about it check out www.cushingstories.com. Its a site that my friend Rachel and I co-founded to help others.

Anyways...I had to go to a pulmonologist to get my airways checked. I have been having problems breathing. It wasn't the best way to start the day but it needed to be done. I would of driven 2 hours anyways because I was able to get Starbucks! Do you hear the heavens opening and angels singing? I do when I think of my iced coffee drink! ahhhhhhhhhhh....*angelic singing*
Breathing tests

I hate plugging my nose but it was still thumbs up

Once I got home I found out that my favorite lamb passed away:( I was so sad. I always love my underdog animals. Then for all of  you guys who think you have had a crappy day (no pun intended) I walked outside barefoot to grab something out of the car and stepped in some doo-doo. YEP you hear me! I screamed! I jumped up and down screaming ehw ehw ehw! I hopped all the way back in and didn't care about what it was I was going to retrieve from the car. I hopped to the shower and that was that! Then my mind kept going to how was that even in the yard...the dogs cant even get there. EHW! I am grossing myself out again ~! Strawberry lemonade.....just think about strawberry lemonade.....ahhh. Ok now I am better!

So the day wasn't going as planned but I still had a good day! We went to Josh and Jacksons sports awards. They did a really good job and won different awards for Basketball! Very proud of those two. Josh is in JV and Jackson is in Varsity. It was a good ending my night.
So proud of my boys
I had tons of phone calls and birthday wishes from friends, family etc. I opened up some fabulous presents. I did chuckle to myself because my dad, my sister and mother in law know me well. They got me exactly what I asked for...more kitchen stuff. I am going to bake and cook everything! Ryan got me some snazzy stuff too and also some dresses I have been wanting from Ross. Hey I shop at Lane Bryant and Torrid but Ross is definitely my go to store. Why pay full price if I don't have too!
I obsessed with Green and Live Love Laugh things
My friends and family got me great gifts also and I really felt loved. It was a good ending to the day.....

39! Its going to be a good year! Watch out world! Rae-Rae is getting older! I never said more mature....just older!:)

Please subscribe by going to the top of the blog and putting your email in. You will get an email every time I blog. I cant see who is subscribing but you can unsubscribe at anytime. We have a giveaway at the middle of each month. At the beginning we will tell you what it is. Love giving away stuff! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment