Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My Secret Story....Now Revealed

Today I was thinking about a time that I just don't know what I was thinking because well...that happens  a lot in my life. I don't know if I can say this is my MOST embarrassing story but its a funny anyways and was DEFINATELY shocking to me!

I was 10. Just this lanky, freckled faced girl who knew what the world was all about. Isn't that every 10 year old? My Dad was in the Military so we were stationed on the Army Base in Munich, Germany. To really understand this story you need to know three facts .

  1. We lived in Apartments on the Army Base. We were on the third floor.
  2. German Locks are different than American Locks. You needed a key on the outside of the door and on the inside of the door to Lock or Unlock it. If you left the key in the inside ....you couldn't unlock it from the outside.
  3. I was an adorable 10 year old girl...who knew what the world was about. Right? Right!

I was 10 and my sister was 8. We shared a bedroom in the back of the house (it was a long apartment). Living on the third floor was fun for us to run up and down the stairs. We had a great view of the park outside our window too. My parents had friends in the same building, as the stairwell had an apt on each side of the stairs. It was our bedtime and my parents said to finish watching our show on TV and go to bed. DONT LEAVE THE KEY IN THE DOOR WHEN YOU LOCK IT. They went to the neighbors to have some coffee and chat with their friends. We were good kids but they could pop in at anytime to check on us.

Our show was over and we SO diligently went to bed at the time we were suppose to. I went to lock the door and told my sister its bedtime. We tucked ourselves in. Knowing us ...we probably bickered for a minute or two but fell into a deep, good sleep!

An hour later my parents came home and tried to unlock the door. Tried but failed. WHOOPS I left the key in the lock on the inside! Guess I don't know THAT much about the world! They knocked and knocked and knocked.

No one answered.

They rang the doorbell and knocked some more

No one answered.

Being parents and we all know how parents are....they start to worry. What is going on with those two? Why aren't they answering? Are they okay? Did they do something? Are they joking around? They better not be joking around! So my parents went back to the neighbors and called the house. Ring! Ring! Ring!

No one answered! OH MY what could be the problem?

After trying a few more things like going downstairs to the Second floor Neighbors and pounding the roof of what would be our floor with a broom handle. We still didn't answer. We had fallen asleep and went to bed when we were suppose to. My sister woke up and so did I but I told her they must be having a party and go to sleep. When my mom heard about this later she thought we were crazy because they never had parties.

By now my parents were super worried. What could be happening to us? Are they okay? They called the Military Police and the Mp's said that all they could do was knock down the door but we wouldn't have a front door for 2 weeks or so. Finally our neighbors calmed my parents down and told them we are probably sleeping and cant hear. They put a huge sign outside the front door so if we woke up and went looking for them we could find them. They decided okay they will stay at the neighbors.

A couple hours later the Military Police came back with a Cherry Picker. He said he would be worried if it was his children. A Cherry Picker is one of those things that Electricians use to fix the top of phone wires. He was wearing Black and had a HUGE spotlight to shine in our room and went up to the 3rd floor to our window. He started calling my name.

Rae! Rae! Wake up Rae!

OKAY HOLY HELL!!!! I wake up and ALL I see is a siloette in my THIRD story window with a light shining behind it calling my name! God? Is that you? Is that an Angel?

Rae! Rae! Wake up Rae!

My sister woke up at that time and automatically thought the same thing. Except she said to me that I must of done something wrong because God was coming to get me!

I yelled back that It was probably her! Then I hide under my bed.

All the sudden I hear my dad say " Rae open the @#%@ window NOW". What? Why is my Dad in heaven and how is he able to say a curse word? What is going on!!!!!

I got up all the gumption I had, crawled out from under my bed and walked toward the light. I wasn't ready yet! I was only ten years old! I didn't even know how to drive! I have to live until I am old! That's when you can drive! God spare me! I need to make it till I am 16!

Rae! Rae! Go open the front door please and let your parents in!

Whew! I stopped in my tracks and now awake enough from my deep sleep I stepped back from the light! I ran down the hallway to open the door and ran out. SMACK! right into the paper my parents had strung up. I looked at it and it said "You better come to the neighbors when you wake up".

My parents came inside and were probably relieved. I am sure they thanked the Military Police many times. Ashley and I went back to sleep. It took till the next day at breakfast with my family when my Mom brought up the incident for me to remember what happened. It wasn't a dream? Omg....An Angel WAS trying to take me away! I will NEVER leave the key in the door again! I will Never ever do it!  And I never did! That night was I am sure not a night my parents laughed about this...but they knew deep down they would be laughing about it later in life for years to come.


Subscribe to this Blog! This is also the LAST blog that you can comment on and win a Starbucks or Amazon Gift Card on March 31st. All you have to do is comment on this blog. For extra entries comment on the last 6 blogs too! Thank you for following!

4 comments:

  1. O.M.G. Rae!! That is hilarious!! "I need to make it till I am 16"!!! HAHAHAHA!! This is definitely a funny moment in your life that needed to be shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankfully I made it to 16! okay 39 but I can still pretend I am 16 right?

      Delete
    2. you won the 10 dollar starbucks gift card! check out march 31st anniversary post on how to claim it!

      Delete
  2. Aww. You thought an angel was coming to get you! That's so precious!

    ReplyDelete