Sunday, March 8, 2015

Our Dog got Hit (caution pics)

9 month old Jasper
As you know I am an animal lover. My whole family is. Two days ago our puppy Jasper was outside and got out of his gated area. He is a 8 month old puppy that we saved at like 6 weeks from some drug addicts in front of a store when we were shopping 2 hours away from our Ranch. He is a super happy puppy and has grown oh so big!
Jasper when we saved him from Druggies

It was a normal Friday. Jackson and Ryan went Coyote hunting with their bows. Josh was at a FFA (Future Farmers of America) Event. Jason, Cassie and I were home. Our dogs were outside in their fenced in area soaking up the good weather. We let them in and out all day long. I was in my room and Jason and Cassie ran in and said something happened to Jasper.

I ran out to the kitchen where he was at and my first reaction was he got attacked by a coyote. Coyotes will call dogs in and kill them. His face was bloody everywhere and coming out his mouth and nose. He wasn't breathing well. We started cleaning him off and I called Ryan immediately and said something happened to Jasper. He said they will be here in no time flat. We cleaned off Jasper and his breathing started going down more. I was freaking out in my head but trying to stay calm for the kids. They took flashlights out as Ryan and Jackson showed up and started looking for coyote tracks or something, anything that could of done this. Ryan told me to call the neighbors to tell them so they can put their dogs in. I called....and that's when I found out they think they might of accidentally hit him with their jeep. Said that they saw him running , braked, heard a small thump but thought it was the road (we live on dirt road), got out and didn't see anything. I hung up the phone and we called the emergency vet. We loaded him up he was breathing less and less and headed 45 minutes to the Vets.
Caution ..After cleaning him up

Ryan was driving so fast as I am telling our teenage son that we don't drive like this unless emergency and you have the years behind you. The three of us prayed for Jasper and our safe travel. 10 minutes before we got there smoke started bellowing out of the back of the truck. UGH! This is not our night. Something must of happened with a gasket or a hose. We kept going. We had too.

We pulled up and the Emergency Vet let us in. Ryan carried him to the x-ray room. The Doctor showed us the x-ray and how he was suppose to have all this air in his lungs but it was full of blood on his lung tissue. Thank god he didn't have any broken bones but he had bruising all throughout the one side. Ryan carried him to the exam room. Jackson and I just stood there asking questions. I really wanted to cry but didn't want my son upset. The Dr gave him stuff for shock. He also gave him antibodies, stuff for pain and stuff to make sure that he didn't hemorrhage . He said he had a 60 percent chance and that we had to have him stay there. As soon as we had all our questions answered, he started to breath a tad better, and I saw he was feeling tired from the meds.....I started to feel like I was going to faint. Apparently I am good when its me but when my animals or kids are sick I worry. When I know it might be ok or they are out of pain I calm down and whammo....I turn white lol. The Dr saw the color leave my face and start sweating and told me to sit on the floor. EHW. I did not want to sit on the floor but ended up having too before I passed out. Jackson was trying to help me but I wanted him to pet Jasper.
Drugged and finally not in pain

Jasper spent the night there. Our good friend came to pick us up because our truck wouldn't make it. We slowly drove it to a Diesel Shop. I am so thankful we have good friends. One came 45 minutes to pick us up, while another got Josh when he got to the school from his FFA event and took him home. I didn't want to leave Jasper but I knew it was best for him. I slept only 3 hours because I was worried and called first thing in the morning. I hate to say this but thank god is was Jasper who was the one who got hit  because I honestly think he is the only one of our dogs strong enough and young enough to have taken that blow. :( I called right at 801 am to get the news. He made it through the night!!! He was breathing a little better. He said he now has a 85 percent chance instead of a 60 percent. We had prayed so much that night. God listened. Thank you God! We were able to go pick him up in the afternoon as long as we promised he couldn't run for a month, had to lay down, be loved, take his antibodies and pain meds. We were just so happy to get him. He would do better at home with everyone loving on him.
Blood shot eyes but looking so much better!

We picked up Jasper and he was so happy to see us. We were so happy to see him. His tail was even wagging! Thank god. I never thought I would be so worried over an animal but I love the big lug. Josh and Cassie came to pick him up. Josh was so happy to see he was ok. He is Josh dog but Josh was at FFA when it happened. Cassie was happy he was ok too of course. His breathing was labored but better. He breathes like he has been running miles all the time now. It will get better over the month. He will do well at home with lots of love and attention.
On our way home

He came home Saturday and we decided as a family to have movie day and chill with him so we knew he was okay at each moment. He just layed all day but we all cuddled with him at one point or another throughout the day. He wasn't himself by all means but he was at home. We were happy to have him here. Each day he will get better. We are so blessed that he is going to be ok. It was just an accident that could of happened to anyone. We are reinforcing our fence more so the dogs don't get out. They have a very large area but we are double checking. We are just blessed that he will be able to continue to grow that big lug! Love him!
Sleeping and Healing

Sleeping and Healing

Thank you for all the prayers we received for Jasper. I know it helped! Continued prayers would be appreciated!!

Subscribe to this blog by going to the home page and typing in your email address. You will get an email anytime I blog. Also each month we have a 20 dollar gift card giveaway to make sure you join that. ! Have a blessed day

1 comment:

  1. So glad he's doing better. Your blogs are so nice to read. :) Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete