Thursday, March 26, 2015

4 Teens Typical Day and a New Baby

The teens have a half day of school today so with the sun shining chores seem to be easier and they are wanting to be outside. This is a good thing for a mom to hear. I want the kids to always be active. Although sometimes I have to beg them for a picture but that's what I do. Bug my kids! ITS MY JOB! I swear it says in the job description of mothers that we have to bug our children. I do that by one...taking way too many pictures and two...I hug them for 20 seconds too long till they are like, "Mom OMG Mom". Yep! My job is done hehe.
3 of the kids coming home. Jason stayed after school.

The first thing they were excited about was all their scuba gear came in! I made them try it on and thankfully they didn't ask to take a bath or something with them. If anyone would ask that it would probably be Josh! He is always doing strange things. This is how he is on the couch right now ha!
Jack
 

Josh

Cassie


Our lambs we bottle fed four times a day. Today I had Cassie drive to the barn which is a couple miles. Although she is 16 she got into a cart accident months ago so she is a little skittish. We are starting all over on the driving. As she is used to driving the CART and now a CAR. She did good. I know when I was 16 I was chomping at the bit to drive. My kids aren't that way which is fine. They have all their lives to drive. Plus all of them drive on the Ranches anyways. Feeding went well as usual.
Driving on the Ranch

Cassie with Stevie the Lamb

Jackson was out looking for squirrels to get. They aren't real squirrels but rather ground animals. These things ruin the land by digging holes everywhere. Our horses, cows or lambs could get hurt by breaking their legs because of this. So Jacks passion is to get them out of that area.

Ryan had to travel to work today so he surprised the kids with Taco Bell. For anyone in the world this is probably not a surprise but when you live 1.5 hours from a Taco Bell it IS a surprise. I personally am not a Taco Bell fan but the kids love it. Even if the taco is a little soggy by the time its back home. YUCK lol! After giving the kids their precious taco bell he went to replace our headlights. Always something to do on the Ranch trucks.

Cassie did dance workouts and we walked some which was nice. She decided to also come with us to Jason's Beef meeting for 4H. Its amazing the stuff you can learn at those meetings. All about cows, how to fed, what parts they have and how to show them at fairs. I love that he is in 4H. Today we got to see an emergency C section to save the Calf. The Mom was not going to make it so it was better to save one.
One minute old

They were very curious
We named her Mini because she is a few weeks early and small. It was such an educational thing for the kids to see. Jason and Cassie had an educational experience with their friends!
The Beef 4H kids and Cassie
What could be better than that. Ryan and I got to help also. It was pretty neat. This little gals gonna make it and we were excited to see her come out alive. I seriously am amazed at all that Ranchers have to do and know. The ones we know do everything so kindly and so animals don't suffer. Here are a couple pics of the new baby! If she isn't able to be grafted onto another animal...we will be bottle feeding her. She had her first colostrum today.
I love her!!!!

Feeding Colostrum

It was a pretty normal day after homework and chores were done. I love the sun and the fact that things are blooming! My Rosemary and Oregano is back up and I think that calls for some Rosemary Chicken tomorrow! Yum! Planting my Garden will be just around the corner!

Hope you enjoy our family antics. Thank you for subscribing to this blog. If you like any of them please share! Today is the last day of our drawing. On March 31st I will draw 7 times out of all the names of those who have commented in that last 7 posts. You get a 7 chances if you comment on all of them. So go back 6 posts and comment. You still have time! Have a Blessed Day!

3 comments:

  1. You have an exciting life on the ranch. And I can't wait to see your garden. Gardening is one of my passions. I know you have probably told this before, but how many acres do you have? When Cassie drove a couple miles to the barn was that all on your ranch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Husband runs 9000 acres. Its three ranches all together. The one where we were going to our animals is a couple miles. We drive to them 4-6 times a day. Good driving lessons for the kids.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like you and your family have an exciting and rewarding life. I grew up living next door to my grandparents who had at least 25 acres of mostly citrus trees in the Mississippi River Delta (Southeast Louisiana). It was fun and rewarding to me.

      Delete